A safeagent agency is the sure sign for Landlords of protection and professionalism.
When you decide to let your property, employing an agent to handle the letting for you can you peace of mind. You can trust the agent to protect your interests by dealing responsibly with the procedures involved in letting and subsequent management.
Agents who have been accredited by safeagent will provide a written agreement for managing your property, setting out the services they provide and what they will cost. You should agree the details before you employ them.
All safeagent firms are part of a Government approved Client Money Protection Scheme*. Landlords should satisfy themselves as to the terms of the scheme by asking the agent for more information.
Before you let, the agent will:
- Visit the property and give you advice on any action you need to take before you let the property. This includes any repairs and refurbishments that are needed to put it into a fit state for letting.
- Give you advice on the level of rent you can expect.
- Arrange for safety checks on gas and electrical services and appliances to be carried out, highly recommended.
- Explain your rights and responsibilities and the tenants rights and responsibilities.
- If instructed by you, request identification from your tenant. Before the start of a new tenancy, all occupiers aged 18 and over will be asked for ID to check that they can legally rent a residential property in England.
- Give you advice on what action to take if the property is mortgaged.
- Give you advice on insuring the building and contents and other insurance schemes which may be available to protect your interests and which are not normally covered in standard household policies where a tenant in residence.
- Protect the deposit with one of the Tenancy Deposit Schemes if requested
- Attend viewings with potential tenants
- Choose a tenant that suits you, take up references and check the tenants past payment records.
- Arrange an Inventory make & Check-in
- Provide a tenancy agreement
- Deal with utility providers.
During the tenancy, the agent will:
- Collect the rent and pass it on to you every month or as otherwise agreed.
- Give you a statement of account (usually monthly)
- Visit the property periodically or as often as agreed with you to check the property is being suitably looked after
- Arrange routine maintenance works
- respond promptly to tenants enquiries
- keep an eye on the rent payment record and take steps to recover any rent owed.
These are just a handful of the services that safeagents like us provide. For maximum protection and peace of mind, please do not hesitate to contact us online, by phone or pop into our office for more information.